Monday, November 23, 2009

Very Important Things a Teacher Must Know!

This is a picture of a teacher and a student.


Our class assignment was to read three different list and choose two from each one we felt were most important.

The first list I read was Doug Johnson's "Seven Stupid Mistakes Teacher's Make with Technology". From that list I chose,"Believing that one's teaching style need not change to take full advantage of technology.",and "Thinking technology in schools will go away." Both of these statements have been an on-going topic in our EDM 310 class. I have read numerous agreements about why both of these statements are biased. Technology is rapidly growing everyday and any kind of educator should know this.

The second list was Doug Johnson's "Seven Brilliant Things Teachers Do With Technology." From this list I chose,"Put kids in touch with the world.", and " Accept the role of co-leaner." Both of these statements I feel a lot of teachers don't do or have a problem with doing. A great man once said " I don't know, let's find out!" Every teacher should have that kind of attitude. If it weren't for Dr. Strange and my EDM 310 class I would have never got in touch with the world.

You can view both of those Here.

The third list was "New Classroom Rules" by Education Innovation. The two most important things from this list are " Come to school everyday", and "Come to School on Time." These are the MOST important things a student must do to succeed. You'll never get the opportunity to do anything if you not there. You can view the list Here.

1 comment: