Sunday, November 8, 2009

Toward A New Future of Whatever - Michael Wesch

This is Michael Wesch.

You can watch the video HERE!

I got a lot out of Dr. Wesch's speech. I think I'm still on the 90's " Whatever ( I don't care what you think)" state of mind. He is right everyone should want to be on the " I care. Let's do whatever it takes...by whatever means necessary" state of mind. I think I probably still think the way I do because I'm young, but as I grow and learn my opinions and thoughts change everyday. Unlike other people, I am very open to any kind of new idea.

In Dr. Wesch's video, he talked a lot about You-tube and the use of web cams. People tend to feel weird when their talking to the web cams and seeing themselves on the screen. I know I won't because I love to talk, and I love looking at myself. It wouldn't matter that I wouldn't be talking to anyone. LOL

Also, I did not know the word "whatever" had so many meanings. I will definitely think twice before using it again. I did not know people used You- tube in such touching ways either like the man who started hand messages to create unity. As a teacher, I will most definitely use You-tube in my classroom.

2 comments: