Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Last Semester's Podcasts

Well, before I start criticizing, I would like to say the last semester's podcasts were wonderful, and nobody did a bad job. But, to bad the assignment is to criticize, not to commend. I heard several problems I would improve and remove. The biggest one was reading directly off their paper or sounding rehearsed. A lot of the students didn't sound naturual, as if they were having a conversation. A conversation voice sounds a lot better than a robot voice.

The next thing was the quality of the information. Some podcasts just sounded one- hundred percent better than others. Some seemed very sure about their topic, while some were pausing. In, my podcast I am going to be happy, so when I speak you will hear the cheer in my voice. I will also know my topic and sound natural. Lastly, I will help my group members to make sure they're doing the same.


The research on podcasts was very interesting.They really explained how podcast and videocast were used in teaching. One went one to say " Children are familiar with podcast." I agree because I know I spend allot of time on the computer. Podcast and videocast allow children to watch or listen to lessons on the computer any time they want.

Podcasts and videocasts engages the students. I feel the students enjoy being on the computer; instead of listening to a boring lecture. There were two ways resource said it was done. One way was listening while doing an activity or listening in groups. Both ways are good because they keep the students attentive. I learned a lot from the material, so I should have an excellent podcast and videocast.

1 comment:

  1. You are hereby assigned the tak of being happy on your podcast AND of reminding all of the students to be enthusiastic about their topic!

    ReplyDelete