Thursday, August 27, 2009

Podcasts

Podcasts, from what gathered, are great ways of communication and learning. You can listen to what people think about topics and learn new things. Most of them are even free or at little cost. According to Wikipedia, a podcast is a series of digital media files either audio or video, that is released episodically and downloaded through web syndication. We haven't learned video yet.

The audio podcasts that I watched all had some type of music in the background. Some of them even did advertisements. Although the podcasts we had to listen to were extremely uninteresting, I got the idea about what was going on in them. Some podcasts had several lessons under them, such as KidCast and SmartBoard Lessons Podcast. Those people must have a lot of fans ( I don't see how).

Audio podcast kind of reminds me of radio talk stations. I say that because there were two or more people talking on them, and they weren't serious at all, kind of playful. Some of them even talked about their family. I don't know, for some reason I had a different idea of what Podcast was going to be.

I would have never even know these existed if I was not in EDM 310. I wonder if they will be helpful to me or if I will continue using them after the semester is over! Who knows! Like Dr. Strange said the kids I teach will be way more technical than me, so I must keep up, get lost, or be like Mr. Winkle.

1 comment:

  1. Soon you will be in charge of a podcast. How will you make it interesting?

    ReplyDelete