Sunday, October 11, 2009

Watch The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler

This is a picture of Wendy Drexler.
Whoa, I defiantly don't think I'm prepared to teach a student like that!!!!!! I didn't know people even learned like that! I knew people took online class, but not stuff like that. That method of study is very futuristic. Chick Here to watch the video!

In the video Mrs. Drexler stated several reasons why her students would need a network teacher.The students would need teachers
*For guidance
*A boost when they need help
*Information on how to filter out propaganda
*Asking respectfully for help from experts
*Practicing how to build a social network
* and more!

I can't believe she is about to try this with a middle school class. That means I might be teaching that student one day. I wonder how many students are taking advantage of this learning strategy? Is this new way of learning growing rapidly?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will be teaching like this soon after you graduate. I think you can and will!

    ReplyDelete