Sunday, October 11, 2009

Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2

You can view part one and part two of This Is How We Dream by Richard Miller Here.

In Part one, Mr. Miller went over fundamental changes and incremental changes. Mr. Miller spoke on how books were important. He stated now you can buy his first print on Amazon for 59 cent. He talked about how him and his colleagues collaborate on the web. He showed us how he used web research to easily write an article on the Virgina Tech murders.

Part one merged into the even more futuristic stuff in part two. Mr. Miller talked about producing multimedia with the web. He associated this with Humanities. He felt like stories should be more compelling, therefore, showing the pictures of a whale hunt in Alaska. He feels educators should share ideas freely. He also thinks this space age technology should be available to students.This is a technical image

I couldn't imagine learning something so far fetched. However, I would be willing. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think things are going to be getting that advance anytime soon. I can't believe that this kind of technology is out there! This class never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you may be right. It may take longer than I hope. But it is coming!

    ReplyDelete